Monday, August 23, 2010

I see the end of summer comming

Yes this week is all in high 70's low 80's which is better than the 90's that we have seen more this summer than most other summers here in western Pa. School starts in one week and I see the calendar starting to feel p very fast. Kevin just finished band camp..felt bad..many band directors from all the local schools said they never remember band camps being that hot and hardly no rain...on Friday they marched at Kennywood and we took all the kids(thanks to my sister for giving me her extra tickets) but man was it packed. I am actually in the process of ordering season tickets for next summer. Kennywood just started that this year and coming up with over $600 at one time was not easy so we didn't do that this year. But while I was there the other day I asked if they were doing it again and they said yeah and if you buy it today you can apply your admission from today to the price and get to use it the rest of the season...hhhmmm.

So on the phone I went...called my mom and explained to her(that would cost me $68 instead of $89) how great of a deal...I mean my sister did give the tix for free so that was a bonus and with Kennywood being 10 minutes from my house I could take them on weekends in Sept for a few hours then I have all next year. So my mom is going to charge them(I have no charge cards...sometimes its a good thing sometimes its a bad thing) and I will pay her a little every month. So blessed to have her do that for me! Kids don't know yet...I was going to give it to them for Christmas but if I could use it this season then might as well...its usually not busy in Sept..just the locals since vacations are over.

So look out Kennywood next summer...the Grahams will be there alot! ANd if anybody ever visits this area and goes to Kennywood next summer let us know...we will surely stop by! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Fun about the tickets and I know what you mean about the summer -- a long, hot, dry one up here in NH, too.