Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stay positive!

Positive...such a strong powerful word!  Maybe not for all but I know it is for me!  A positive attitude can lead you in many directions in your life.  I have so many dear friends who have been very sick lately.  Simple as a head cold to a pretty nasty flu and a brain tumor and advanced stage of cancer.  The common factor I saw from them is the positive attitude they all had.  A young girl finds out 2 weeks ago about a brain tumor she has and I am so taken back at her positive attitude.  She is not even an adult and I don't think I could be so calm and collect and up beat like she is.  An old friend of mine who has 3 small kids and a wife of almost 10 years has been fighting cancer.  The last few months, the cancer took a bad turn for him and he lost his battle On Jan 2 but until the end he stayed as positive as he could.  The pictures he posted showed how he was not letting this get him down.  I hear stories of some things he said to others or just a simple text message to others.  Always with a positive attitude. 

Why so positive I wander????  Could I be like this.....right now I would say no!  I don't think I could handle this in any way.  I guess though when something like this does happen to you it must put things more in perspective....like the life we lived and the life we are living and the life we want to live in the future.  Maybe the positive attitude buys more time...makes healing easier?  I guess staying positive for others will help too.  You know they say you act like the company you keep around you.

So I sit I think do I ever hold a positive attitude?  What brings me to a positive attitude when I don't have one.  Well I remembered how when I am having a bad day with the kids, the house is a mess and chaos is the main thing going on in my life I turn to facebook and my bloggy friends.  I realized that sometimes a simple picture can help or a nice comment.  I see how some of these families are already starting the next generation. I think how do I want to be portrayed as a grandmother?  So that helps me keep positive in my everyday routine...knowing these families had to overcome the same thing as me and look at them now.  I also find setting goals helps me take my yucky attitude and turn it upside down. 

Life is too short to think that we could have done this that way....what if we did this instead of that.   Enjoy the moments you are in as they fly by quickly. 

No comments: