Saturday, October 13, 2007

To do or not to do......

Well over the last few weeks..months and even years I have prayed, researched and deeply thought about homeschooling and having more children. Have I come with a final decision..NO!

I will say I am more ready to make these decisions then I was a year ago. There is still some things holding me back though but I have decided that I have to get through them to make my final decision.

With homeschooling I just dont feel enough confidence in myself yet....I get them jitters that I hear is common but they go away after the first year...my kids are for it and I am for it and I am still working on DH...he was totally against it a year ago but now he listens a little more to the reasons...

Now with having more kids.......well one thing is our last 4 were born in 5 years and I did need that break...mentally and physically...my health needed to improve. Then $$$$ plays a factor for us..no I am not a SAHM..long story but I need to work and will always need to work at least 10 hours a week for extra income. We are just starting to get out of a financial disaster we were in and I think it scares us to get into that again but I am sure our faith will get us through that.

So now the tie-in...I really need to be more organized and consistent with my house and family before I make the final decisions...if I could do that then I know that my answer will be yes and yes and I believe my DH will be the same...so now my goal is set...new year coming so new me coming....I will start now to put some of the pieces together but by the 1st of the year I want to be in full swing of running my household more efficient so please pray for my strength to do this....I need to be committed and confident so wish me well!

I do see myself having more babies and going the homeschool route but I have to set my priorities straight first.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like you are doing just that! With having more kids, as we added more it just always worked out. God provides. With homeschooling, I don't. I'm also not confident with myself. But I'm sure that's how it is for most people. You can give it a try and see if it works out for your family. We have a wonderful school here in our community that I am thrilled with so that plays into my decision. (((Hugs))) on your decisions.

Also Debbie, to have you added to my list of invites, I'll need your e-mail address. Just e-mail me so I can add you. Thanks!!

niclor11@yahoo.com