Saturday, December 8, 2007

KIDS THESE DAYS...

So my oldest went to his school dance last night(not his first). This is the first time I was off and was able to pick him up. I decided to get out of the car(unlike most parents) and walk up to the doors where they come out. SO the Dances lets out at 9 and there is about 300 kids (6th to 8th graders) coming out of the building and not all at one time. They dismiss them by sections and of course my son was in the last one"sigh" I stand there with no coat and its about 35 degrees(stupid me) but it was interesting to watch all these kids go by me. Some boys just had shorts and shirt and all this jewelry on and the smell of cologne. All had there cell phones out and it was not to call mom. Now this brings me to the girls...wow....the make-up and the way they dressed. I was in shock....and this is middle school.

So I am still standing there and some were with there parents and I just starred at amazement at the way they talked to there parents and parents just chuckle. One thing that stood out to me was a girl was standing next to me and placing a call on her phone. Her first words were "dad I am not coming home right now, I'll be home later" she walked away so I didn't get to hear everything but I wonder what the dad o nthe other end said.

So I get my son he says some goodbye to his friends and we head to our car. As we are leaving the parking lot the big SUV in front of us has three boys hanging out the windows yelling at the cars and doing all kind of hand gestures. So in the car next to me I notice other boys responding to the SUV and they drive off while this is still happening..maybe I am different but no way would that be happening in my car.

The funny thing is I am one of the youngest mothers with having a soon to be 13 year old at 30 and it seems like I have more sense then others.

Blessings

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Debbie, obviously you do! I've also noticed the rudeness of kids and adults these days. Sign of the times I'm guessing! Don't like it though. If my kids talk like that or act like that there's a problem coming their way, ME! That's the way it should be. Parent's are way to easy going and let everything slide as a big joke.

Frustrating!