Monday, May 11, 2009

My 1st horrible experienceas a mother of a 14 year old with a temper
















Soo..mothers days started out great...I actually woke up early and made Brakfast for everyone before church..I felt great..went to church, my daughter sang today and she lit the candles and I got to actually see it! Usually my 3 year old will not stay in the nursery by himself so I sit there with him...well bythe grace og God he stayed by himself with no tears! My husband was off today too so he came along to church so life was good.










Well after church we are getting onto the van and Brittney got Kevins seat si I told Kevin just sit in the back and got an attitude...and he usually is pretty good and does not get attitude with me often so I tended to ignore it at first..then he went on and on and on...I said softely to him Kevin if you do not let it go I will take your time of the computer for a week..well he got smart right back...again calmly I said now you lost your cell phone...well he still went on...well then I said Look of YOU keep it up there will be no 8th grade dance on Thursday so drop it now...well the quiet attitude from him sat in..the face red,arms folded and the silent treatment the whole way home.










So we pull into my driveway and I turn to him and said Now I want you to go to your room and think about how you treated me and esp on Mothers Day and after church. He sat there and would not get out(Oh..my husband took his truck so had no clue what was going on because he took his mom home) I came into the house with the other kids and of course right on the computer to calm myself.(that what does it..lol). About 10 minutes later Kevin comes crying pretty bad and says Mom I need you to some see this..Hurry and going on about all he needs is some thumbtacks? Well I go to his room and see a big hole punched in his wall...and then he says mom I am bleeding...well every emotion that I have hit me! Do I get overly PO or do I worry about his hand and what to do now?










Well his hand was not as bad...some band-aids and ointment took care of that and the moving of a dresser to cover the hole...I just don't know what snapped in his little head.. He is a good kid..really...I guess since he is so good all these days straight then that one day he is having a bad day it gets bad!










All is done and over and we talked and did some straightening out...it scares me though because his dads side of the family is known for their horrible tempers..his dad has did the same things...and I know he needs to learn how to control it..even if he is a good kid/man sometimes the temper can get the best of you..Of course I called his dad last night to let him know and he did not seem that concerned..










After all that we did mange to go to the park and get ice cream..but still had a knot in my stomach...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, I hope it was an isolated incident. I know that teenage emotions/hormones can be overwhelming for any kid.

Robin said...

Hi, Debbie. Love the pictures..looks like a beautiful day! I am sorry about what happened with your son; My son (16) has issues with his temper also, and it is a constant training and re-training. I will pray for you both.

true blessings said...

gosh mine's only 12 ,we moms need to be constantly praying for our sons and asking God wisdom on how to talk to them....