Thursday, July 10, 2008

calgon take me away............

that is how I feel lately. For starters this music program which I think is great for the kids is driving me crazy. I actually have to get up earlier for the music lessons than I did for school. I am thankful that it ends in two days though. I still fell bad for Kevin though. I drag him with me for Brittneys 8:40 lesson and his trumpet lesson does not start til 10. Well Brittney is done at 9:20 so after her lesson we leave and I leave Kevin(who is 13 BTW) there to wait for the 10 am lesson. He does not mind. But then hehas his orchestra lesson at 12 which is a hour gap and I told him he has to stay there because with gas prices I am not running back and forth..Iknow its sounds mean but he gets some quiet time to read and catches up on all his boy scout material.

So now this leaves me with all the stuff going on with Ryan...a little background...he was diagnosed with Aprixia(speech disorder) He will be 3 in Aug and says few words. So for the last year we have had a speech therapist come to the house once aweek and a developmental therapist come twice a week. Now on top of that I have him in wrap around service basically because with limited speech he throws alot of temper tantrums and well I guess he has some behavioral issues. So I now have a BSC comming to the house 2 times a week.(I call her my SuperNanny..she is awesome...)

So that is someone comming to my house 5 times aweek. It is very stressful esp because I extra clean when they are comming..Idont keep a dirty house but at the same time with my little ones things get pretty messy fast around here.

Now this week Ryan started his outpatient speech therapy at the Childrens Hospital of Pgh. Well we have been on the waiting list since March..yes March. So now I have to drive 45 minutes tot he North office for a 30 minute visit twice a week...they really suggest not bringing the other kids along so I have to have my parents up here now to watch them.

Needless to say that this is the 1st year I am looking forward to school starting..

* On a funny note...our first Bsc we had was a young lady who just got out of school and she was here for the first day for about 90 minutes..well she declined the case..we scared her off. I guess with 4 kids running around you and wanting to play with all your new,exciting toys you brought was a little too much.LOL

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, that makes me VERY tired -- summer is supposed to be relaxing! But I know how busy having fun can be! (Not to mention the other necessities.) I hope you get a break before school starts.

Glenda Christina said...

Calgon take me away is one of my favorite sayings Deb, LOL.
Your life is always crazy busy, enjoy it anyway and take a hot bath with candles and soft music playing.

Mamajil said...

I can totally relate to the need for Calgon to take me away too!!! I hope you can find some relax/down time soon!

Robin said...

One day (or minute or second) at a time, right???!!! I hope you get some "me" time asap!!!