Tuesday, July 1, 2008

tornado in western PA?






so over the weekend we got hit with some bad storms(well at least thats what the weather people all said) we did get some rain and and a little thunder/ligtning but I have seen it worst than that.

The one thing that standed out was I was at work on Sat night and we got a call that there was a tornado warning for our area. Of course that means there was one spotted. We do not get those often so the big storm fan I am took my 15 minute break to sit outside and watch this storm pass through. The rain came and came pretty hard too. The wind blew hard for about 5 minutes...like 2 or 3 big gusts but hardly no thunder or lightining. Now this was our 2nd big storm today so I was watching the clouds with all the other who were amused at the view of them and they were miving pretty fast..sort of freaky if you ask me and I of course had my camera and snapped som pix. Now there was no conformation of a tornado but the radar picked on up but they said it never touched the ground. Now I think that the picture I got def shows a small funnel but my DH says no its just a cloud...well I will still stick with a funnel cloud..what do you all think! Also I got he aftermath in the sky..what a beautiful sight..there was also a rainbow but I could not get it in enought time.

3 comments:

earljeanie said...

Sure looks like a funnel to me. Glad it did not touch down. Jeannie in Ohio.

Lori said...

Wow! Looks like a funnel cloud to me. Scarey!!

Kristin said...

Wow, that looks like a funnel . . . when I grew up in MI, there were tornado warnings quite often, none around here, though! (Good thing, but my kids love storms.)