Monday, June 1, 2009

Cedar point

I volunteered to chaperon my sons 8th grade band trip to cedar point with a few other mothers I knew....it was a 4 hour drive for us. We left at 6:30 am and arrived around 10:30. Well the bus ride was not as long as I thought it would be but silly me sat on the back of the bus..wont do that again...that's where the loud kids sit.

So we get to the park and this was my first time there and wow its a very big park! Of course I hit the train first with the other mothers..I wanted to do the thrill rides but since I was the youngest mother there and the only to do such a thing so I didn't get to ride them:(. The one mother who I work with did ride two coasters with me...they were the small ones but I took what I can get. I also took a little boy who came with us on the Gemini..a big wooden roller coaster.

the kids were behaved...no trouble..actually they were pretty good and funny..alot of times they had me cracking up... We did have a girl get hurt as soon as we got there..she fall while getting on a ride and hit her head on the concrete..we rushed over to first aid to check on her(than goodness the one mother with us was a nurse practitioner) She had a mild concussion so could not ride the rest of the day..her BFF stayed with her and did not ride either..now that's a friend!

Well it was a long day and we got back home at 1:00 am..and some kids didn't not even sleep on the bus...I am thinking of taking my family back there for a day but the food was so expensive there that I have my doubts but I do want to ride those big rides...we'll see.

Have a great week!

Debbie

Of course I took no pictures...I forgot my camera!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Debbie, sounds like fun! I love roller coasters..if I were there I would have gone on them with you!!!

Kristin said...

Oh, we LOVE Cedar Point. Esp. my DH. He grew up in FL, but I grew up in MI and went every year as a kid and introduced the park to him. He LOVES thrill-rides and this park is thrill-ride-heaven! We sure would love to get back there sometime.