Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ohiopyle(aka the mountains)
















Sunday morning around 10 am we decided to drive up to the mts for the day just to hang out. We packed some drinks and took our little grill to cook some hot dogs and chicken breasts. So we left around noon and its about 90 minute drive. The in-laws came with us also. On our way we decided to stop at Fort Necessity where alot of the French/Indian war took Place. Its been awhile since I was there. We go in only to find out that is was free that day! Because of the wonderful stimulus package from our president(roll eyes here) all that sort of fort/war things were free across the Us. Now if we would have known that we would have headed to Gettysburg..its about a 3 hour drive but we have done it before.










After the touring the fort we headed to to Ohiopyle. We first found somewhere to grill at. It was way back and I mean way back in the woods....little scary I thought but looking at it now The kids liked it and it was nice experience. The kids kept looking out for every animal possible and bears are known to be in that area.










Next we headed down to the rapids where there are some parts you can swim in.










1. Too cold to swim





2. Way to hard to watch all of them by myself since husband is not a water person.





3. I think its kind of gross to swim in it anyways.










We did let the kids take there shoes off and walk around for awhile which they had a blast doing that..mom didn't...darn rocks hurt the feet and trying to catch falling kids was not easy.










We had another great day. I am loving my time off with hubby and kids....










Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's me from arrowsprings. I was looking at your blog and your 5 year old BRANDON looks like my ANDEN, glasses and all. I thought that was kind of cute. It looks like you are having a great time. I love it when my husband has time off and we get out of the same ol same ol for a while. Although I am soooo thankful for a job that he does GET to go to everyday! Some people right now are not in that position! And we have been there before. Not fun! Thanks for commenting on my blog often. I think it is sooo fun!
Great to meet you through cyberworld! Keep in touch!
Heather

Mamajil said...

How fun!!!! I love the pics!!!

Robin said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!!!!

Kristin said...

Very fun -- and I LOVE those histoy museums. The one near us had to close down for a year, so I hope they open up next year. They are a treasure.