Tuesday, July 14, 2009

so much to say and so little time

I have so much on my mind I want to blog about but just cant find the time to write it all down.
First off I am going to say little about me since so many people are e-mailing me so many questions esp from my Facebook account so I though I could answer it all here.

Yes I have 5 kids and yes I want more...unfortunately I have to work because money is tight thanks to not being prepared for this 10 years ago...Alot of mistakes have been made by both my husband and I. God has seen has through alot and got us out if alot of lows in our lives concerning money...I would love to quit but this is the norm for us right now...I have worked from day one. I get alot of slack from SAHM but I feel that working does not make us bad parents or are children bad/neglected kids. My saying is "its not how much time you spend with your kids its what you do with them in time you are with them." I would hate for my husband to work 2 jobs and never be home to enjoy family time too. he already works 45-55 hours a week now. I have been blessed that I work for my husband and I do pretty much get to make my won schedule..we usually work opposite shifts when needed or take the days off we want. So it all works out! God will provide to those who are patient.:)

Second is my oldest is to a previous relationship...I was the unthinkable "teenage mommy" I know some people are judging me already but remember who does the ultimate judging in the end. I was not a bad teenager..not at all..To this day I have never smoked cigs or did any kind of drug. I have also had NO alcohol beverage..I have sipped a few mix drinks to taste them and they are all awful to me. The joke at work is I don't drink or smoke I just make babies! LOL

So back to the teenage Pg...well lets just say I was with my sons father from 7th grade till about I was 19 on and off...we were neighbors(he lived 4 houses down from me and we were in the same class. My parents loved him and we all got along. Well summer before my senior year I ended up PG but not alone...........I had the support of the father and my parents and his and all the extended family. I was due in March just 3 months before graduation. I went to school everyday and still manged a 4.0(No Clairton jokes here for the locals) I went to school until the day I gave birth..and was back to school 3 weeks later but was home schooled from the district for the 2 weeks prior to going back. I am thankful for my mom who stayed at home with my son and helped out alot while I was at school.

In June both me and Kevins dad graduated and in the fall we both went to the community college together while our parents watched our son. He was working and later on I picked up a job too since we could get no government help(that's a whole other vent/blog). The Christmas before Kevin turned 2 me and his dad decided to call it quits..on good terms and friends. We were just not meant to be and we knew it. All was good between us for about a year and then we grew more apart once we started dating other people. I don't want to bore you so I will save that dram for another day...and yes lots of drama on that!

On a side not about my pg.....I believe God works in mysteriously ways because Kevins dad was not close with his mom at all..I hardly knew her(his dad raised him). Well I found out I was pg and he called her immediately...she came around helped with the baby shower and was even in the delivery room with me. Well when Kevin was about 6 weeks old she found out she had cancer and died 7 months later..She got to see/hold her first grandchild and made peace with her son.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Debbie-You're a wonderful mother and I'm so glad we are friends!! No one should judge another until they walk in their shoes.
Love, Robin

jean said...

debbie you are an awesome mom, i don't know how you do it with 5. i go crazy with 2. and you exactly right, it's all about quality not quantity

Mamajil said...

Debbie
THanks for sharing your story!
hugs
jilms

Miss S. said...

Hey I remember when you got pregnant; it was the talk of the CHS Band! You posted on my blog that you do not remember me. Well this is Rishona. I used to play the flute/piccolo. I left Clairton and went to McKeesport and graduated in 1997. So hopefully that will help you a bit in remembering me!

I do not have any children; but I can relate to your blog. I became religious (Orthodox Jewish) about 5 years ago; and we don't really do birth control. So its not uncommon to have families of 6 - 10 children. That probably won't happen to me, since I am already 30, but I think it is incredibly ignorant to give people grief over the fact that they have "a bunch" of children.