Sunday, September 22, 2013

There will be days like this

20 minutes ago I had all intentions on going to church...really I did!  We missed last week cause a few kids had horrible colds/coughs and mom was getting one also.  I woke up early to start cleaning up from my non work day yesterday and was moving right along.  The I realized my hamper is full (I admit I have no clothes for church....well no bras that is...all in the hamper  I know TMI) and I snuck a peek into my bedroom to see my husband who works 6 days a week and up at 5 am still peacefully sleeping away at 8 am.  I still have to finish my Kitchen and I also had a to do list I never got to do yesterday since I was down for count.  I go in to work tonight and work for the next 4 days so I am thinking I really need to finish some things up around here...plus my husband has another popcorn booth sale today 12-4 so he will pretty busy with that.

So that brings me to this thought...by not going to church does that make you any less of a Christian???  Well in my mind absolutely not!!!!  There are many things that could define being a Christian and remember there is no perfection is Christianity.  I also will go on a limb and say just by going to church does not define you as a Christian...look at me now...I am judging and that is not Christian like?!?!?  So I guess I am saying we are skipping church today and I know there will be more of these playing hookie from church days but it does define my family any less.  We try to keep the faith in our daily living and as my two kids would say we go to Youth Group once a week.  I do need to start working on a few of my kids reading daily devotions more....I always wanted my teens to do that but never did...maybe I can put that on my to do list for this week!

Have a positive day!!!!!!!

No comments: